Showing posts with label semester 4. Show all posts

CS4 success guide





Brief Information about the course


Forget all CS courses, this one is the most interesting. Even if the game isn't that good, at least it's the first time you put information you study into practical use. This course is also different in grade distribution aspects, no Midterm and Final (ONLY ONE ) which means if you have midterm then no final and vice versa. No in class assignments or quizzes, just projects and project evaluations (quizzes on your game). This course is heaven for Achievers and Procrastinators, you can get high grades easily, and you can pass with minimal efforts.


Success guide for Achievers:



- Final OR Midterm, you will have only one as stated above, this is the only area you will probably lose marks, otherwise you will hopefully score full marks.

- BEWARE Milestone 3 aka GUI. This is the first time you will need self study in a massive degree. What you will learn about GUI in Lectures and tutorials won't be enough. You will need lots of visits to YouTube, Stack Overflow, and Game room (you'll know what's this when the course starts).

- START EARLY, as soon as you can start after the milestone is released. Why? well, actually you can finish 80% of the milestone in 1 day, but the remaining 20% will get you pulling your hair out and can require very long time to solve the errors.



Success guide for Procrastinators:




- GOOD TEAM. What's worse than a procrastinator? Well, a team of procrastinators. If you're one of these please find yourself a good or balanced team. You should have friends by now that can carry you through hard times, but a team of procrastinators like you? The result may be disastrous.

- Never Make 0% contribution. You can take the easy part, do whatever you can do in the milestone. Always try to keep in touch with the project code and understand code parts written by other team members.

- Project Evaluations aka Quizzes. Forget old quizzes weighing 5 or 10% each. One milestone evaluation weighs 22% approx. Quizzes take place through a week. If you're in any day,but the first day of the week, solve quizzes of previous day(s). Yours would probably be very similar.


Wishing you success through your entire life.









Math 4 success guide





Brief Information about the course


Bad news? you're in one of the toughest semesters of your Engineering major. Good news? Math isn't one of the tough courses anymore. Yes, believe it or not, it's not like math 1,2, and 3 at all. First of all it's a much shorter course and also much easier. Secondly, it's taught by Dr. Hany, this is a huge advantage if you had a previous experience with Dr. Rami. Math 4 course is about probability and statistics so forget algebra, calculus, and all these stuff.

In order to suit all needs we will give a study guide for students aiming for high grades (Achievers) and students who want to succeed with minimal efforts (Procrastinators).


Success guide for Achievers:



- Trigger your beast mode after the midterm, this is the part where some hard topics of the course start to appear. Try to solve extensively on these topics as probability can get very tricky

- Go back to school study mode. While this studying style doesn't suit for many subjects, it perfectly suits the math course. Dr. Hany repeats questions many times. He copies and pastes questions from old exams, sheets, and quizzes. You rarely benefit from such advantage in other courses.

- Never forget to write detailed steps of your solutions. Many students exit the math exam expecting a grade in the 90s but they get shocked after they see their grades. This is because Dr. Hany's marking scheme credits every single step including writing the formula, not only the final answer. In addition to these 3 points follow the guide below as well.



Success guide for Procrastinators:




- Assignments again and again. Free marks, all what you should do is just copy and paste you will find solutions everywhere including our website. And this time it carries bigger weight.

- BEFORE MIDTERM. collect as much marks as you can before midterm where topics are super easy. Remember that deadlines will start raining after midterms, and also the topics will get much harder. So score well in quizzes 1 and 2 and the midterm and then procrastinate until the final.

- Trigger your beast mode before the midterm exam and quizzes 1 and 2. Easy topics everywhere and all what you need to do before the quizzes is to open previous quizzes and solve them and skim through the sheets with your eyes. Before midterm you would do the same with previous midterms.


Wishing you success through your entire life.